2.17.2006

I Get Up In The Evening, And I Ain't Got Nothing To Say

A little of this, a little of that. A few covers and a few new songs to share.

The Streets - When You Wasn't Famous (radio edit)
>>>>New single from the best band in the UK. Their next album, The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living may be the album I am looking forward the most to in the next few months. It's scheduled to be released on April 10th. This song doesn't dissapoint, and I can honestly say that Mike Skinner is the only man I would listen to sing about how he cannot get himself a celebrity girlfriend. Priceless. Official Site.

The New Amsterdams - Turn The Light Out
>>>>Since we'll never get another Get Up Kids album, we have to make due with Matt Pryor's offshoot The New Amsterdams (even if the last two NewAms albums have been weak). "Turn Out The Light" is the first single from the upcoming NewAms album Story Like A Scar which will be released next month. The song gives me a little hope that the new album will be a solid one, returning to the strengths of their early releases. Check out the NewAms official site for more info, and more downloads including their entire "Killed or Cured" LP from last year which can be downloaded for free.

Guns N' Roses - I.R.S. (demo)
>>>>Seriously. This leak hit the 'net last night and reading the responses of the die hard salivating Gn'R fans was amusing. I have no comment on the song. However, I do think that if I were to spend more than a decade, and 10 million dollars making an album, I would be damn sure to be keeping better control over my demos.

Petra Haden - God Only Knows
>>>>As wrong as it seems to cover this song, everyone seems to do it anyway. So, I will publicize Petra Haden because her rendition is faithful to the song. Listen to the song, and naturally think to yourself, "I wonder what it would sound like if she covered Michael Jackson's Thriller?"...then go find out.

Pete Yorn - Dancin In The Dark/Murray (live)
>>>>Pet Yorn prefaces one of his best songs with a cover of the Springsteen classic. Not sure what Pete's been up to lately, but check out his MySpace page for more music.

The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon
>>>>No real reason to share this song, other than the fact that it's been stuck in my head all day for no reason, and its a nice upbeat way to end the post. Visit the official site for more from The Russian Futurists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home